After living with Stephanie Norwood this summer, the most glass-half-full person I know, I have been transformed. So much so, in fact, that instead of being a Negative Nancy the past week, I have indeed been a Positive Patsy. . . and I owe it all to Steph!
I came down with some sort of virus this week, and although most have been bummed out by illness during this time of year, I embraced it. Illness, you could not have come at more perfect time. And no, I’m not being sarcastic. I’m 100% serious.
I have this problem. I guilt myself way too often over things that are not. my. fault. Someone looks at me weird after a conversation? Think about it for hours. Turn in a half-butt paper? Feel remorse every time I see my professor. Have free time? Wonder what I could be doing instead. You get the idea. . .
So with this illness thing, I realized that the best thing I could do for my body would be to chill the heck out, relax, lay on the couch, eat some pretzels, and be fine with that. And so, my friends, I have composed a list of all the positive things that come along with being sick:
1. I got to be a kid again and make Raspberry Jello Jigglers.
2. I caught up on TV shows that I never get to watch in “adult world,” like Ellen, the Today Show, and other daytime television shows that stunt my brain growth…
3. Now that Hulu has been invented, I also caught up on nighttime television programs, specifically The Office, Modern Family, and Community.
4. I emailed friends that I haven’t talked to in a while (would’ve called, but that whole “talking” thing wasn’t working out so well…)
5. I took naps and felt 0% guilt–it was a necessity.
6. I decided not to take a shower, and actually had a legitimate reason besides just being lazy.
7. During delusional sick dreams, I woke up thinking I was bald and then felt ecstatic to realize I had a full-head of hair. (How often do I get to be thankful for that?)
Can you think of some more reasons why being sick isn’t so bad? Add to the list…
One thought on “Positive Patsy.”
8. You can pretty much eat whatever you want once you get better, to make up for lost time…